TeeRoy's 2 Cents:
- Shares of Weight Watchers rose nearly 6 percent Tuesday after the company announced that Khaled will be its "social media ambassador" in 2018.
- Brands will pay big bucks to tap into the seven- and eight-figure followings of stars like DJ Khaled.
- Maybe they should work with Rick Ross next. We're still marveling at how he dropped all that weight through "Rossfit."
- He's dropping the pounds and bringing in big bucks.
- We always thought Khaled could make a great motivational speaker.
The Miami mogul has signed on as a brand ambassador as part of the WW Freestyle program. It launched in December with a campaign featuring Oprah Winfrey, who is also board member, owner and strategic advisor to the company.
WW Freestyle guides members toward a healthier pattern of eating and living, resulting in improvements both on and off the scale. It works on a points system to make it easier to keep track of your nutrition.
In a statement, Khaled said, “My son is my love, my life, and I need to be great for him. To be great is to be healthy; to be healthy means a shift in my lifestyle, and the new WW Freestyle program is all about healthier habits for my life. The WW program and community is my partner in this process to greatness, and I’m grateful for what’s to come and to share my journey with you all.”
Khaled will document his weight loss journey through his social media channels. (CNBC)