TeeRoy's 2 Cents:
- Cardi also became the first female rapper to top the Hot 100 without any features since 1998, when Lauryn Hill accomplished that feat with “Doo Wop (That Thing).”
- In 2017, Cardi B became a household name -- what does 2018 have in store?
- What is she alluding to happening in the past couple weeks? Maybe the rumors that Offset got another woman pregnant?
- The sky is the limit for Cardi B.
- People used to say Migos are bigger than The Beatles, but maybe Cardi is actually the one to watch.
Cardi has become the only rapper to have her first three Hot 100 singles in the Top 10 simultaneously. The chart, dated January 6th, has G-Eazy’s “No Limit” featuring her and ASAP Rocky at number-four, Migos's “Motorsport” with her and Nicki Minaj at number-seven, and her debut hit single “Bodak Yellow” at number-10.
Only two other acts have ever accomplished this: The Beatles in 1964 and Ashanti in 2002.
Cardi expressed her gratitude on the 'Gram, writing, "What a great way to start my year... These last few weeks been too much for me, but my Lord always find a way to uplift me."